If you are experiencing video issues there are several common steps you can do to address it. Let's take a look at what those are.
Choosing the right peripherals
Check Expert Session Settings:
Ensure your Expert Session is configured correctly for the camera, microphone, and speakers. You can configure your peripherals via:
During a Session: More menu > Settings
If you're experiencing camera issues in a session, it may be due to a "Camera failed" error, often caused by the browser lacking access to the camera. Always ensure your browser is updated to the latest version.
Access to my microphone or camera was denied
Expert Session needs permission to use your camera and microphone in Chrome. You will be asked to allow access the first time you join an Expert Session video meeting.
You can change the setting to allow Expert Session to use your camera and microphone, click on the camera icon in the address bar and select the Always allow option.
- If these changes don’t resolve the issue, try below options:
- Confirm your camera is connected.
- Make sure no other apps currently access your camera.
- If you have more than one camera installed, make sure the camera you want to use is set to active.
- Enable your camera before you join the meeting.
Poor video quality
Wifi is working, but video quality is poor? Too many tabs and open applications may be affecting the quality:
- Close non-essential tabs.
- Close other apps.
Other reasons that could affect the quality of your video are:
- Video or audio delays
- Poor network connection
- Low battery
- Limited data availability
User can't see me in the session
Make sure that your camera is turned on and your computer and browser are able to access the camera so you are visible.
Check if there’s a camera hardware issue
- On your device, open the built-in camera app, like Camera or Photo Booth.
- If the camera’s self-preview shows your image but Expert Session doesn’t, make sure Expert Session can access your camera.
- Follow these steps to make sure your browser allows access to your camera.
- Make sure your browser is updated to the latest version.
Change the privacy mode in your camera settings
Some devices have a software privacy switch. This may be turned off in your camera or device settings.
- On your device, go to Settings.
- Find your camera settings.
- Turn off the software-based privacy switch.
Note: Instructions may be different on your device.